Specified Nonprofit Corporation Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee Personal Information Protection Policies
Specified Nonprofit Corporation Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee (below, “the Committee”) strives to protect personal information under the following policies in order to fully protect personal information.
- 1．Obtaining personal information
- The Committee obtains personal information within a range necessary for it to perform its work by appropriate and impartial methods.
- 2．Using personal information
- The Committee uses personal information only as necessary to perform its work within a range of purposes of use indicated at the time it obtains the personal information.
- 3．Providing personal information to third parties
- The Committee does not provide personal information to any third parties without the prior agreement of the person who has provided the information except in cases stipulated by law.
- 4．Measures to ensure safety
- The Committee manages personal information safely and appropriately. The Committee takes appropriate information security measures in order to prevent the loss, destruction, modification, or leakage of personal information.
- 5．Disclosure, alteration, addition, deletion of personal information
- The Committee understands that a person who has provided personal information has the right to request disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, use, discontinuance, or elimination of personal information which can identify the said person, and responds promptly to such requests.
- 6．Thorough protection of personal information
- The committee takes steps to raise the consciousness of the protection of personal information among all parties connected with the committee to ensure they are all thoroughly aware of the policies so that they may be properly implemented.
- 7．Improvement of the protection of personal information
- The Committee responds to revisions of the law by, as necessary, revising and improving its handling of personal information.
Policy on the Use of Personal Information
- 1． Basic stance
- The Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee (hereinafter referred to as "the Committee") collects information from users of the Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee website (hereinafter referred to as the "Committee website") to the extent necessary for efficient operation of services (provision of information and user comments, etc.) provided via the Committee website. The information collected is handled in an appropriate manner within the scope of the prescribed purposes of use.
- 2． Scope of information to be collected
- Except for the following cases, the Committee website does not collect information that can be used to determine an individual's identity, such as names or dates of birth.
1. Information, such as Internet domain names, IP addresses, and information pertaining to viewers of the Committee website, is collected automatically.
2. Users are requested to submit information such as comments, names and e-mail addresses (via the mail form in the Comments section of the website). They are also requested to voluntarily register information, such as their postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and the name of their company and department. If users send the Committee website e-mail messages using their own e-mail application software, they should be aware that the sender's e-mail address will be visible to the recipient of the message.
- 3． Purposes of use
- 1. Information collected as described in item 2.1 above shall be used as reference information in order to efficiently implement the delivery of services through the Committee website.
2. Comments collected through procedures identified under item 2.2 above shall be used as reference information for future Olympic bid activities. This information may also be used for reference when creating content for the FAQ section of the website. Information entered by the user, such as their name and e-mail address, as well as information that was voluntarily entered by the user, including postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers, company and department names, shall not be used for purposes other than replying to user comments or provision of information concerning the Committee website.
- 4． Restrictions on the use and provision of information
- The Committee shall not use the said information for purposes other than those prescribed under 3 and above, nor provide a third party with the said information except in cases where a request has been made to disclose collected information in accordance with the law or in cases where there are special circumstances, including cases where unlawful acts, such as illegal access or intimidation/blackmail, have occurred. However, the Committee may publish statistical data pertaining to Committee website access and user comments sent to the Committee.
- 5． Security measures
- The Committee shall take all necessary measures to properly administer the information collected, to prevent occurrences such as leakage, deletion, and alteration of the information.
- 6． Disclosure of one's own user information
- Purposes relating to the use of information submitted in the Comments section of the website, such as user name and e-mail address, as well as voluntarily registered information, such as user’s postal address, telephone and fax numbers and company and department names, shall be limited to those prescribed under item 3.2 above. This information cannot be disclosed or altered, even when users request disclosure of their own information, because the Committee cannot ascertain or otherwise guarantee that the requester is the selfsame user who posted the comments in question.
- 7． Scope of application